Best Places to Visit in New South Wales
Where’s the capital of Australia? Most tourists would say Sydney. You’d be very wrong, but that doesn’t mean Sydney is any less glamourous!
Sydney is Australia’s most popular tourist city. Many of Australia’s most recognisable attractions are found here, the Harbour Bridge, the Opera House, the beautiful harbourside city. However, there is so much more than just Sydney to explore in New South Wales.
This beautiful state has something for everyone, from lux winery escapes to experiences deep in nature. New South Wales is often the first stop for many trips to Australia and with so many amazing things to do it’s easy to see why!
Top Things to do in New South Wales
New South Wales has so many things to do it would be almost impossible to list them all. That hasn’t stopped us from creating our ultimate list.
- Sydney City – A great way to get to know a new place is a city tour. You’ll hit all the best places and a few of the locals favourite spots too. You’ll get to see the famous Sydney harbour for yourself, Opera House and Bridge included! Dip your toes into the ocean at Bondi Beach or wander through the stunning Royal Botanic Gardens. Sydney city is a fantastic day out and the perfect way to begin your holiday.
- Blue Mountains – Blue by name and by colour, the stunning Blue Mountains are the perfect way to connect with nature. This stunning mountain range, just an hour from Sydney, will take your breath away. Watch as the glowing blue peaks grow closer before you enter the National Park. Explore lookouts and discover the cultural history of the region. Enjoy a trip on the world’s steepest passenger railway and enjoy a peaceful cruise along the Paramatta River back towards Sydney.
- Hunter Valley – Treat yourself to a day of delicious wine and food in the Hunter Valley. New South Wales’ premier food destination should not be missed. Wander through beautiful vineyards and stop for tastings at some of Australia’s best wineries. Learn about the winemaking process and get to know the people behind the delicious tipples.
- Port Stephens – Dolphins and dunes, that’s what you can expect at Port Stephens! Meet native Australian animals and look out over the bright blue Australian waters. Take a dolphin watching tour and see if you can spot one of the many pods that live along the coast. Finish the day sandboarding or four-wheel-driving along the regions epic dunes.
- Canberra – Though technically not in New South Wales, Canberra is a must-see when here. Australia’s capital city is just a short drive from Sydney and is home to some of Australia’s most important buildings. Visit Parliament House, the Australian War Memorial, and the Australian National Museum to learn about Australia’s colonial and democratic history. Canberra is fascinating and well worth your time!
Attractions in New South Wales
There are so many fabulous places to visit in New South Wales with equally awesome things to do. This wonderful state very well might be your first stop in Australia but don’t rush your time here, for there is so much for you to enjoy!