Best Places to Visit in South Australia
South Australia is a beautiful state and one that is often overlooked by international visitors. The state has something for everyone with spectacular wine regions, beautiful beaches and one of the biggest art scenes in the Southern hemisphere.
Top Things to do in South Australia
One of our favourite things to do in South Australia is to visit the famous Barossa Valley and enjoy some of the country’s best wines. However, there is more than just a weekend of drinks available, here are some other awesome places to see!
- Adelaide City – The Adelaide city is magical, truly unlike any other city in Australia. It manages to have all the amazing shopping, food and entertainment experiences larger cities offer without the large crowds of Melbourne or Sydney. Adelaide’s local feel is truly unique and welcomes you with open arms.
- Festival State – No matter what time of year you’re in South Australia you’re almost guaranteed to find a festival on. The festival state holds more large-scale events than anywhere else in the country and is the premier destination for emerging artists. Some of the premier festivals each year include WOMADelaide, OzAsia, Adelaide Fringe Festival and Tasting Australia.
- Barossa Valley – Speaking of Tasting Australia, head to the Barossa Valley for a taste of the best wines Australia has on offer. The Mediterranean climate in the valley helps to produce bold and unique red varieties, with many cellar doors offering award-winning Shiraz. Some of Australia’s best known and oldest vineyards are nestled into the rolling hills so be sure to stop by for a glass or two!
- Kangaroo Island – Just an hour from Adelaide is the stunning Kangaroo Island. The delightful escape is brimming with native wildlife and nature experiences. Get up close and personal with wild seals and admire the power of nature at the Remarkable Rocks. The ocean waves have carved the shoreline to create stunning natural ornaments and incredible caves. Explore Flinders Chase National Park and lose yourself in nature.
- Murray River – Winding its way from the Australian Alps and through numerous states, the Murray River is the longest in Australia. Enjoy a picturesque river cruise down the waterway and breathe in the fresh Australian country air. Keep your eyes on the banks for native wildlife stopping by for a drink or for campers hanging out along the river!
- Victor Harbour – Step outside of the vineyards and into the harbour at Victor Harbour. Situated along the Fleurieu Peninsula Victor Harbour is a delightful coastal playground for the whole family. Explore the old steamboat port and take a ride in the world’s only horse-drawn tram service. Victor Harbour is the perfect place to explore South Australia from with proximity to many other attractions such as Kangaroo Island and Adelaide city.
Attractions in South Australia
South Australia has so much more on-off than just what we’ve shared with you today but these are by far some of our favourites. Remember to tag us in all your South Australia pics and let us know what your favourite places are too!