- Central Market
- Victoria Square - the heart of the city
- St Francis Xavier Cathedral
- The grand boulevard of King William Street
- Historic and spectacular North and East Terraces
- Parks, gardens and greenbelts
- Trendy Hutt Street where Adelaide loves to eat, drink and relax
- Leafy eastern suburbs
- Climb Mt Lofty Ranges for spectacular views over Adelaide from Glenelg to the Gulf of St Vincent
- Travel through the rolling hills, market gardens and vines of Picadilly Valley
- Villages of Crafers, Stirling and Aldgate set amongst the lush greenness of the Adelaide Hills
- The delightful village of Bridgewater with the Bridgewater Mill and Waterwheel
- Stop at famous Beerenberg Strawberry Farm, a household name throughout Australia and beyond
- Visit Australia's oldest German settlement - Hahndorf
- Stroll under the Elm trees along Hahndorf's main street
- Delicious afternoon tea with old fashioned hospitality in delightful surrounds (or try a trio sampler of Germany's best beers)
- Quaint cottages, craft shops and tea rooms
OVERVIEW OF THE TOUR
Join us on our Adelaide Day Tour as we explore the highlights of the City of Churches, prior to travelling to the Adelaide Hills to explore the quaint villages and seascapes. The Adelaide Hills are unique, and attract a diverse variety of tourists, from nature lovers to artists and those just looking to explore picturesque destinations.
As well as a visit to Adelaide, our Adelaide Day Tour introduces travellers to the Bavarian village of Hahndorf which dates back as far as the 19th century.
Explore downtown Adelaide, as we pass through popular tourist destinations such as China Town, Central Market, Victoria Square, The Terraces, parks and greenbelts, churches and cathedrals, the grand boulevard of King William Street and the fancy Hutt Street. Adelaide is often referred to as the City of Churches. Some of the oldest religious structures of the city can be found in North Adelaide, and these buildings are diverse in structure, as well as the religions they represent.
From the inner-city suburbs of Adelaide, we continue our Adelaide Day Tour by exploring the Adelaide Hills. Enjoy a trek up to the peak of Mount Lofty Ranges, and experience simply breathtaking views over Adelaide, as well as the lush greenery of the Adelaide Hills, surrounded by petite villages. You will even get to see Bridgewater’s famous mill and waterwheel! For newcomers of the area, there is plenty of opportunity for exploration within the region. Surround yourself with large gum trees and enjoy a bush walk or visit the Conservation Parks. The summit is the home of many historic wineries and townships and is well known for its famous wines produced in the region.
Hahndorf is the oldest German Settlement in the country. At Hahndorf, you will be granted sufficient time to explore the souvenir shops within the area, or grab a coffee and bite to eat prior to our return trip back to Adelaide, surpassing stunning scenery along the way.
For those who are new to Adelaide and are hoping to gain an insight into the region, our Adelaide Day Tour is exactly what you’re looking for! Join us by booking today!