- Sullivan’s Cove - Hobart’s birthplace and ferry terminal
- Salamanca Place - Georgian style warehouses now restored as restaurants, galleries and pubs
- Princes Park - a one-time gun battery
- Battery Point - charming historic houses, pubs, boutique shops and restaurants
- St.George’s Church
- Views of Wrest Point Casino and exclusive Sandy Bay
- South Hobart at the foot of Mt. Wellington
- Visit the remains of the Female Factory - a one-time female prison
- Treasury Building and Franklin Square
- GPO and Hobart Town Hall
- Queen’s Domain and Government House
- Cross the Tasman Bridge over the Derwent River
- Views over Kangaroo Bay Marina and Bellerive
- Stop at Rosny Hill lookout for stunning views of Hobart, Sandy Bay, Mt Wellington, The Tasman Bridge and Glenorchy
- Victoria Dock and Constitution Dock
OVERVIEW OF THE TOUR
Spend a relaxing and fascinating afternoon, as we explore the city of Hobart on our Afternoon Hobart Day Tour. The city of Hobart has a unique history, once being known for the large number of convicts who resided within the area, especially at the now heritage listed Port Arthur Prison. Hobart, like many cities throughout Australia, has developed into one of the most liveable cities in the world and is now renowned for the spectacular flora and fauna which can be discovered throughout the area. As well as unique and diverse flora and fauna, Hobart has a variety of picturesque art galleries, sandstone cottages, and a variety of the best products found in Australia.
In recent times, Hobart has been ranked in the top 10 most livable cities to live in the world, and what better way to discover the truth behind this judgement, than by joining us on our Afternoon Hobart City Tour. Your day tour will be operated by a local Tasmanian guide, who spent his/her years residing in the city of Hobart and therefore will be able to provide expert commentary throughout the duration of your tour. The picturesque sights we visit throughout the day will provide ample photo opportunities which you can treasure for a lifetime.
Some of the iconic landmarks in Hobart which our Afternoon Hobart City Tour leads us to include Parliament House, Princess Park, The Female Factory, Cascade Gardens and St David’s Park.
One of Australia’s most iconic rivers is the Derwent River. Throughout your tour, you will have the opportunity to pass over the Derwent River, which offers surreal views. The Derwent River was once occupied by Indigenous settlers, prior to British settlement in the late 1700s. Evidence of European settlement can be discovered on the banks of the river.
If you are looking to gain an insight into the city of Hobart, all in the space of one morning, look no further than our Afternoon Hobart City Tour! Book now to reserve your spot today!