- Travel through green pastures south-west of Launceston
- Mountains of the Great Western Tiers guide you towards Cradle Mountain National Park
- Pass quaint and historical towns of Carrick, Hagley and Westbury
- The scenic town of Deloraine - hub between Launceston and Devonport
- Tour Sheffield - town of murals
- Traverse through dense forest and mountainous terrain
- Look for wombats, potaroos and wallabies in Cradle Mountain National Park
- Stop at Cradle Village Cafe for lunch or purchase lunch from the town of Sheffield (own expense)
- Visit the Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre for an appreciation of the Cradle Mountain National Park
- Take a short stroll along Enchanted Forest Walk viewing pencil pine, lush forest and a spectacular waterfall
- Stand in awe as you take in the powerful and majestic Cradle Mountain reigning over the picturesque Dove Lake
- Take a short walk around Dove Lake taking in the views of Cradle Mountain (weather permitting)
- Visit Waldheim Chalet (forest home) of Gustav Weindorfers
- Stop at Ashgrove Cheese Farm for some famous Tasmanian cheese
- Learn how cheese is made and sample the numerous variety of cheese made on the premises
OVERVIEW OF THE TOUR
Take a step into the lush rainforest known as Cradle Mountain National Park, by joining us on our 1-Day Cradle Mountain Day Tour from Hobart! Take a leisurely stroll through this old enchanted rainforest, surpassing spectacular surrounds such as Dove Lake. Whilst at Cradle Mountain, take the opportunity to indulge in some of Australia's finest cheeses on offer.
Clear the mind, and open your senses as you explore the serenity of Cradle Mountain. As you explore around the mountain, experience a diverse and unique range of waterfalls, glacial lakes, rainforest, wildlife, and the overall beauty of this now heritage listed National Park. Throughout the rainforest, you will be able to discover a range of walks which lead you to breathtaking sights.
On your Cradle Mountain Day Tour, you will travel past the green pastures located south-west of Launceston. You will pass through the quaint and historic towns of Westbury and Deloraine, which are both well known for their spectacular arts and crafts.
The town of Sheffield is significant for the several murals which can be identified within the town, illustrating the history of the Cradle Mountain Area from the early pioneering days. Visit the Waldheim Chalet, which is the ancient forest home of the original founder of the National Park (Gustav Weindorfer)
Your day trip to Tasmania's Cradle Mountain is a breathtaking experience awaiting you! Join us on our Cradle Mountain Day Tour and uncover the lush rainforest and surrounds!